A wonderful way to celebrate an 80th birthday. Superb selection of teas, sandwiches and cake –
all delicious and served by our excellence hostess Rachael.
So friendly and relaxed, we will hopefully be back very soon.
Rachael’s Secret Tearoom
Hello! I’m Rachael and welcome to my Secret Tea Room. I can hear you asking what is a Secret Tea Room? I have to say I had not heard of one either so you are not alone.
- Do you enjoy afternoon tea?
- Do you enjoy spending time with friends and family?
- Do you enjoy meeting new people?
- Do you enjoy a bit of ‘me’ time?
- If you answer yes to all of the above, continue reading…
This is a unique experience where you book to have afternoon tea in a lovely quiet Derbyshire setting on the edge of the Peak District, where you will enjoy good food and great company. There is enough room to accommodate 8 people around one dining table, but I can accommodate a larger group of up to 12 people using 2 tables. What better way to spend an afternoon away from the day-to-day stresses. I can assure you that the conversation will flow as freely as the tea!!
Rachael’s secret tea room is held in a private home. This is an ideal opportunity for:
- groups of friends or colleagues
- a family get together
- special occasions
- or meeting new people
Down to business…
Rachael’s Secret Tea Room is open from 3pm until 5:30pm any day of the week by prior notice so if you are interested about a particular date and time, please contact me.
Please click here to book. I will confirm your booking within 48 hours and email you directions – if easier, directions can be posted. At the time of booking, I will ask if you have any dietary requirements which I will accommodate the best I can.
Due to me not taking a deposit, please make sure that you can attend the date specified or let me know as soon as possible if you need to cancel so that your place(s) can be filled.
If you would prefer to have afternoon tea in your own home but without all of the fuss, then please contact me as I can provide the vintage crockery as well as the food. I can prepare, serve and look after your guests or I can leave you to entertain, your choice. Perfect for a hen do or other special occasions.
I ask for a donation of £15 per person to reflect time spent at this unique experience. As from 1st February 2016 this will be £18 per person.
Please talk to your friends and family about my secret tea room but please do keep my location as a secret…. shhhh, thank you.
A little taster of what to expect, the menu will change on a regular basis…
- A refreshing home-made drink on arrival to enjoy whilst you mingle with other guests before sitting down at the table
- A selection of artisan loose leaf teas supplied by Saffron Tea including English Breakfast (rich & full bodied), Organic Earl Grey (flavoured with oil of bergamot), Organic Darjeeling (known as the “champagne” of teas) & Masala Chai (uses authentic aromatic Indian spices and herbs) served with milk or lemon
- A selection of Twinings fruit teas including a special Artisan loose leaf fruit tea, decaffeinated tea & Peppermint tea
- Taylors of Harrogate ground coffee including Lazy Sunday (smooth & moreish) & Decaffe served with milk or cream
The dining table is set with a mixture of vintage crockery & cutlery along with your own individual tea or coffee pot.
- A variety of petite sandwiches made from white, brown or seeded bread
- Selection may include:
- egg & watercress,
- Ham with a real ale chutney
- Roast beef with rocket & mustard
- brie & red grape
- A savoury selection of mini tarts & savoury muffins
- Freshly made scones with jam and cream
- Sweet delights including macarons with a white chocolate & raspberry filling, ginger cakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate brownies, raspberry ripple cheesecake, swirly lemon fingers & mini lemon cheesecakes to name but a few.
How it works
The location of the Tea Room is kept a secret until you book and then full directions are provided.
Typically on arrival you will be offered a homemade drink before sitting down at the table. You will then be offered a selection of homemade petite sandwiches, savoury scones and/or tartlets followed by freshly made scones with jam and clotted cream and an array of homemade goodies. There is a full selection of teas and coffees along the way.
Rachael’s Secret Tea Room opened its doors for the first time in September 2012.
Rachael’s Secret Tea Room is now available any day of the week as long as prior booking is made. A minimum of 4 people is required for an afternoon tea to go ahead.